Monday 20 August 2012

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Ever imagined a situation when you leaves behind all your gadgets eg smartphones , laptop and Internet in your home and go to a place without them . If you are , then welcome to my life . For the past three days , I had been temporalily " discard " all of my gadgets , trying to stay away from them although  I brought them along to my hometown in Pendang , Kedah , in case of " emergency "  . Some might ask , " Will you survive ? ". Well , I would say that I am doing just fine without them .
Now , why did I said so ? Is it possible to survive without gadgets for three days?
What I can conclude here that most of us were too dependent on these gadgets until it became an " extended body part " of ourself . Whenever there is an interesting scene or item , most of us will capture it on photo and post it on Facebook or tweet about it on Twitter . As for me , I do not see any reason to tweet or posting something on Facebook because I believe that the journey should be about connecting back with the local villagers you know and enhancing your relationship with your relatives , grandparents , cousins and friends , not about showing off the " greatness " of your IT properties .

It is also about enjoying the natural beauty of your hometown . As for me , I took this golden oppurtunity to savour the joyness of waterfalls , dipping myself in the water and let the water flow takes me to whichever path it takes . I also had the oppurtunity to explore the jungles , fruit orchards and estates , in which I have truly enjoyed . As I found later , the pure source of happiness is when you are truly enjoying your stay . For me , that was a truly rewarding experience .

For those who had relatives and grandparents back in the village , why not all of us use the advantage of week - long vacation to reconnect and refoster the relationship which had exist since the day we are born ? Maybe this will be our time to switch off all of our gadgets and immerse ourself in the simple joy of chit - chatting , sharing a healthy dose of laughters and jokes , perhaps asking for forgiveness from our loved ones ? If all of my statement above are true , then pack up now ! It is the time to cherish the good old memories of our beloved , humble hometown .

HAPPY HOLIDAYS
SELAMAT HARI RAYA
MAAF ZAHIR DAN BATIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

WARNING TO ALL READERS :

THE AUTHOR WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COMMENT PUBLISHED BY ANY MEMBERS AND NON-MEMBERS WHO ARE VISITING THIS SITE . THE AUTHOR WILL ONLY BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ARTICLES THAT WERE PUBLISHED ON THIS SITE . THANK YOU FOR READING THIS