Friday 10 August 2012

HOLY BOOKS

I still remember the first time I was holding and actually reading the Buddha holy chant , mantras and sutras . That was way back in 2007 , when I was 15 . At first , i could not fathom the purpose of chants , mantras and sutras until my dad gave me a book which is the English version of the same book . It was thinner and the author was primarily focusing on mantras such as IMINA which corresponds to Al - Fatihah and Yassin verse in the Holy Koran . IMINA is chanted for the departed souls in which the devotees hope that the souls will gain merits in the afterlife . I was told by my dad that Buddha's word collection regarding mantras and sutras were huge and what I ' m currently reading is just a small part of it . I have always loved the Jataka tales , of how Angulimala , the finger cutter were subdued by Buddha's humble and charismatic aura .

But at this moment , I do not want to talk about just my religion , Buddhism . As a curious young man , I have always been interested in studying and comparing all religions , particularly Islam , Christianity and Judaism . Now , from what I had observed , all religions promoted peace , understanding and harmony among the human race . I have not been able to study Koran and Torah in depth , but from what I know , both Koran and Torah believes in the same prophets and also believe in the Judgement Day . As for Bible , well I have to admit , I had two copies of it . The first copy is an e-book  in full English , which I have downloaded it into my smartphone . The second one , is a bilingual Thai - English version book of Holy Bible , which was a gift from my uncle .

Holy Bible is basically divided into Old Testament and New Testament . My favourite parts of the Bible was the Genesis in which describe the creation of the world by GOD in seven days in which HE finishes His job on Sunday , the seventh day . Another part is the Matthew which describe the life of Lord Jesus and his endeavors in spreading the word of God . In the other word , reading Bible is like reading history books about prophets .

Basically , this is what I can summarise about Bible . Holy Bible has a very thick content of stories and it would take some time to finish it . Maybe in the future , when I had finished reading Bible , maybe I will read Koran , Torah , Bhagavad Gita and Tripitaka in my free time and make my own , unbiased interpretation of these major religion .

The whole idea for the study and comparison of major religions is to make me a person who understand the justification and differences in practise and lifestyle of these religions . It also enables me to understand why some people have to pray at certain times in a day and the specific diet practice in which they must obey as a devotees . Since I have friend and compatriots who adhere to their respective religion , thus it is important for me to actually about their belief to accept it in full respect and tolerance .




No comments:

Post a Comment

WARNING TO ALL READERS :

THE AUTHOR WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COMMENT PUBLISHED BY ANY MEMBERS AND NON-MEMBERS WHO ARE VISITING THIS SITE . THE AUTHOR WILL ONLY BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ARTICLES THAT WERE PUBLISHED ON THIS SITE . THANK YOU FOR READING THIS