Thursday 16 August 2012

STATE OF MIND

The election is coming near you . Although everyone was predicting that the election will be somewhere in June , their expectations had come to a standstill . Whatever assumptions or predictions that are made , one thing for certain , the " MALAYSIAN CIVIL WAR " had begun . Nowadays , it is a fairly common sight to see father and son , brother and sister are having their unworthy discussion on which side is winning to the extent of feuds , not-talking-to-each-other situation and shockingly , an abrupt end to their relationship .

Like many other Malaysians , I too had been indirectly  involved in some sort of political discussion . I had been exposed to various pro-government and anti-government propagandas which try to lure in youth support for their party , having considered that youth represented the largest chunk of eligible voters in Malaysia . But let me make my stand clear . I am a neutral citizen . I am not a fool . I will not be easily influenced by any parties . I am a critical person .

However , to reach that neutral attitude , it takes a lot of courage and conscience . Well , as you can see , I am surrounded by government supporters in families and friends . When I stepped out of this " FAMILY ZONE " , i suddenly found myself being engulfed in a whole new generation of " OPPOSITION KNIGHTS " who are willing to declare the " CRUSADE WAR " on the Unbelievers ( GOVERNMENT ) by using their swords of propaganda eg mass media and social media to " convert " these Unbelievers .

As stated earlier , I will not be supporting anyone . Instead , I will cooperate with both sides . If the government had not delivered its promise and targets , I will be among the first to critise them , in a constructive way . However , if they did delivered their promises , I will praise them . The same theory works for the Opposition . For me , they must be the " check and balance " mechanism in the democracy system . But , for them to be such , they must first cleared the " bad apples " in them . They must critise the Government in a very constructive , rational way . Sadly , the Opposition parties in Malaysia are nowhere near to that .

The Oppostion in Malaysia must be the only few in this planet to oppose any decision or policies made by the Government , when it is actually a good policy . This attitude must change . I always believe that when you change your attitude , you change everything . But for now , I think I will keep this attitude of mine by being in neutral state of mind .

WHAT'S YOUR STATE OF MIND ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

WARNING TO ALL READERS :

THE AUTHOR WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COMMENT PUBLISHED BY ANY MEMBERS AND NON-MEMBERS WHO ARE VISITING THIS SITE . THE AUTHOR WILL ONLY BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ARTICLES THAT WERE PUBLISHED ON THIS SITE . THANK YOU FOR READING THIS